Any management exercise requires the specification of objectives and indicators to control performance or, in other words, expressing:
- What do we want? What are the objectives / goals / aims?
- How do we target them? How do we control them?
Objectives express in common language what we want. A set of objectives for maintenance could include:
- Maintenance management in accordance with established good practices
- Energy control and optimization
- Effective preventive maintenance, minimum failures and quick repairs
- Effort on improvement maintenance for better maintainability and energy efficiency
- Optimized operating costs
- Good image
To take even more advantage of this article, I highly recommend that you carefully read the EN 15341 standard.